A Catholic Cat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Catholic Cat ForumLog in

descriptionResources for New or Potential Catholics EmptyResources for New or Potential Catholics

more_horiz
G'day! I wanted to provide some resources for those who want to research the Catholic faith. Especially if you're trying hard to find out what is misinformation and what isn't... such as the common misconception that Catholics worship Mary. We don't. If any "Catholic" told you they worshiped Mary, they would not be a Catholic or Christian.

1. Absolutely read the Catechism! This is an official book of the Church that lays out the beliefs of Catholics in an organized manner. Only in God Group has an online catechism at catechisonline.com.

2. Read the Bible. The Bible is split into two Testaments, which each contain books, chapters, and verses. I recommend reading Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John first, as these are about Jesus' life. bible.com is an online Bible which is easy to use.

The two above resources won't have any errors or heresies in them. Heresies are teachings contrary to Catholic beliefs. The resources below won't have heresies but might have errors or opinions.

3. Father Mike Schmidt, a Catholic priest, has videos answering questions about Catholicism on Ascension Press' YouTube channel. Watch his videos at youtube.com/channel/UCVdGX3N-WIJ5nUvklBTNhAw.

4. EWTN, a Catholic television network, has good articles about Catholicism that you can find by using the search bar. Their website is ewtn.com.

5. USCCB also has informative articles at their website, usccb.org.

6. Finally, you can use my website, acatholiccat.com, for inspiration, interesting articles, and informative discussions between me, Cat, and my friends: Harry, Callie, Theo, and Michael. We talk about the pope, Catholicism, and even social media addiction.

I hope this helps you in the confusing journey of researching our faith! bounce

descriptionResources for New or Potential Catholics EmptyRe: Resources for New or Potential Catholics

more_horiz
Here's a couple more great resources. Catholic.com and newadvent.org
These are great and very orthodox sites.
God bless and keep up the good work!!

descriptionResources for New or Potential Catholics EmptyRe: Resources for New or Potential Catholics

more_horiz
@Joe and Mindy Zagar Thank you!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply