A Catholic Cat Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Catholic Cat ForumLog in

pollWhat Are Your Current Religious Beliefs?

Agnostic
0%
Atheism
0%
Roman Catholicism
67%

A Catholic Cat, Captain Mutt

Eastern Orthodox
0%
Non-denominational Protestant
33%

Tiger

Denominational Protestant
0%
Other
0%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionFreshly Baked Monthly Polls: What Are Your Religious Beliefs? EmptyFreshly Baked Monthly Polls: What Are Your Religious Beliefs?

more_horiz
Thanks for voting! Each month I will create a #poll that will last until the end of the month (how creative). Because today is June 26, this poll will close on the first day of August.

I used to be a non-denominational Protestant before becoming Catholic. Since I'm trying to create a community on this form, could you share what you believe and why you believe it? Whether you're an atheist, Eastern Orthodoxy or something else, share it in the comments!

descriptionFreshly Baked Monthly Polls: What Are Your Religious Beliefs? EmptyRe: Freshly Baked Monthly Polls: What Are Your Religious Beliefs?

more_horiz
Hi. I am a Catholic convert from Protestantism. I believe in the Catholic Church because I am a student of history. One who knows history understands that the Catholic Church was the church established through Christ. There has been a direct Apostolic succession passed down, by the laying on of hands, through the centuries. It's actually really cool when you think about it.

descriptionFreshly Baked Monthly Polls: What Are Your Religious Beliefs? EmptyResources for Captain Mutt and Question for Tiger

more_horiz
I agree with you. Welcome to the Catholic faith!

@Tiger, since there's only three users on the forum right now, I'm assuming you were the user who voted on the monthly poll Non-denominational Protestant. Funny how you joined a forum that has Catholic in the name! Very Happy

Could you tell us how you became a Christian?

@Captain Mutt, here are some resources for you regarding Catholicism since you're new:

1. Only in God Group has an online Catechism at catechisonline.com for when you're stuck without one.

2. Father Mike Schmidt does excellent videos answering questions about Catholicism on Ascension Press' YouTube channel. You can watch them at youtube.com/channel/UCVdGX3N-WIJ5nUvklBTNhAw.

3. EWTN is a Catholic television network, but using their website's search bar reveals incredibly useful articles. Their articles have helped me GREATLY in my journey with God. Their website is ewtn.com.

4. USCCB stands for the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. They also have useful and informative articles to read at usscb.org.

5. You could also use my own website, acatholiccat.com, for inspiration and interesting articles. Some articles are available as podcast episodes if you would rather listen.

If you or Tiger have any questions, you can ask them on the Questions category of this forum or direct message me.

descriptionFreshly Baked Monthly Polls: What Are Your Religious Beliefs? EmptyRe: Freshly Baked Monthly Polls: What Are Your Religious Beliefs?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply